Friday, March 26, 2010

Linuxchix

From the Linuxchix website:


LinuxChix is a community for women who like Linux and Free Software, and for women and men who want to support women in computing. The membership ranges from novices to experienced users, and includes professional and amateur programmers, system administrators and technical writers.


In other words, it's a safe haven from the casual misogyny one can sometimes find in the Linux community. The IRC channel is much more active than the e-mail lists it seems.

Now I may not be a woman...yet, but I do sometimes hang in the Linuxchix IRC channel, but not the grrls only one, since I don't think I belong there right now since I'm not living as a woman yet.

I run Yellow Dog Linux 6.2 myself, on my PS3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home